Tag Archives: Open Meeting

Have your say at the Annual Parish Meeting this Thursday…

Let you Parish councillors know what you think at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday May 18th at 7.30

The parish council will be there to give an update on their priorities. They have arranged for updates from the cricket club,  who will presenting details of progress on their new pavilion scheme, Michael Hardinge Trust, PCC and the Ladies Guild.

This is an open meeting at which you are invited to raise any issues of concern. It’s your opportunity to tell the Parish Council what you think they could do for the village.

The agenda is:

  1. Introduction of Parish Councillors
  2. Michael Hardinge Trust Annual Report – Mike Patching to report
  3. Cricket Club – David Beck to report on the club’s activities, and progress on the new pavilion scheme.
  4. Parochial Church Council – David Kyle to report
  5. Ladies Guild – Alison Tite to report
  6. Parish Council – Chairman of the Parish Council to report
  7. Any other business – Any questions or issues raised by members of the public

Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 18th 7:00 pm

The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall, villagers are invited to attend as observers only and will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm (see above).

The AGM agenda is :

1) Apologies
2) Declaration of Interests
3) Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
4) Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
5) Allocation of responsibilities
a. Finance and general purposes b. Highways and footpaths c. Proposed children’s play area d. Planning e. Cricket club liaison f. School liaison g. Michael Hardinge Trust liaison h. Ironstone and scout camp liaison i. Communications and  Notice Board j. Any other roles?
6)  Dates for Future meetings – 3rd  August 2017,  16th  November 2017,  15th  February 2018,  12th  April 2018,  17th May 2018.
7)  Minutes of the meetings held on 13 April  2017 (see 17 04 13 minutes 13 April)
8)  Matters Arising
9)  Cricket Club
10)  Date of next meeting
To be agreed at item 6 above.
11)  Any other urgent business   

See the full agenda here 17 05 18 AGM agenda

Advertisements

Have your say at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday 18th

Let you Parish councillors know what you think at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday May 18th at 7.30

The parish council will be there to give an update on their priorities. They have arranged for updates from the cricket club,  who will presenting details of progress on their new pavilion scheme, Michael Hardinge Trust, PCC and the Ladies Guild.

This is an open meeting at which you are invited to raise any issues of concern. It’s your opportunity to tell the Parish Council what you think they could do for the village.

The agenda is:

  1. Introduction of Parish Councillors
  2. Michael Hardinge Trust Annual Report – Mike Patching to report
  3. Cricket Club – David Beck to report on the club’s activities, and progress on the new pavilion scheme.
  4. Parochial Church Council – David Kyle to report
  5. Ladies Guild – Alison Tite to report
  6. Parish Council – Chairman of the Parish Council to report
  7. Any other business – Any questions or issues raised by members of the public

Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 18th 7:00 pm

The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall, villagers are invited to attend as observers only and will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm (see above).

The AGM agenda is :

1) Apologies
2) Declaration of Interests
3) Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
4) Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
5) Allocation of responsibilities
a. Finance and general purposes b. Highways and footpaths c. Proposed children’s play area d. Planning e. Cricket club liaison f. School liaison g. Michael Hardinge Trust liaison h. Ironstone and scout camp liaison i. Communications and  Notice Board j. Any other roles?
6)  Dates for Future meetings – 3rd  August 2017,  16th  November 2017,  15th  February 2018,  12th  April 2018,  17th May 2018.
7)  Minutes of the meetings held on 13 April  2017 (see 17 04 13 minutes 13 April)
8)  Matters Arising
9)  Cricket Club
10)  Date of next meeting
To be agreed at item 6 above.
11)  Any other urgent business   

See the full agenda here 17 05 18 AGM agenda

Special Parish Council Meeting – July 14th

Are you concerned about the impact on our village of the closure of the B4100?

There will be a special Parish Council meeting at 7.30 on Thursday July 14th in the Old School to consider the closure of the Warwick Road for 8 weeks starting on 10 August.

This meeting is open to the public.

Agenda Items:

  1. Apologies
  2. Declaration of Interests
  3. Recently the Council has become aware of plans to close the B4100 Warwick Road for a period of 8 weeks from 10 August to 6 October, to facilitate the building of a new sewer.  The closure will be in the vicinity of Dukes Meadow, and will mean that traffic from Horley into Banbury will be required to find an alternative route.  The Parish Council has not been consulted on these proposals, and has had no opportunity to comment.Oxfordshire County Council has been invited to provide an officer to attend the meeting to provide further details, to explain the reasons for the road closure, and the measures which will be put in place to minimise the impact on Horley.
  4. Date of next meeting: 25 August 2016

See 16 07 14 agenda

Activity Review – thehorleyviews 2015

Below are some excerpts from a report based on the activity statistics in 2015 for our village site thehorleyviews.com :

In 2015, there were 175 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 220 posts.

The busiest day of the year was October 5th with 185 views, with the most popular post that day was Wow That’s A Lot of Apples!.

Thehorleyviews was viewed about 17,000 times in 2015. There were 336 pictures uploaded, averaging about 6 pictures per week.

Most visitors came from United Kingdom with the United States & Bahrain not far behind, from a total of 63 countries.

The most-viewed pages where:

1 Calendar

2 Planning

3 Parish Council Meetings

4 2015 Midsummer Night’s Dream

5 Notice Board

 

Click here to see the complete report.

Special Parish Council Meeting – 2nd July

There will be a special Parish Council meeting on Thursday July 2nd in the cricket pavilion at 7.15 in order to appoint a new member. This meeting is open to the public.

Agenda Items:

  1. Apologies
  2. Declaration of Interests
  3. Appointment of a new Member of the Council To co-opt a member of the public to fill the vacancy on the Council, following the resignation of Councillor Beck. Two members of the public have expressed an interest in joining the Council, being Jennifer Cross of Rivendell and Beverley Williams of Midhill. Both candidates have been invited to attend the meeting and the Chairman has agreed to invite them to address the meeting to introduce themselves to Members who may not know them. The decision on who should be co-opted onto the Council will then be decided by a secret ballot.
  4. Amendment to the Council’s Standing Order To consider a proposed amendment to the Council’s Standing Orders, to provide for the inclusion on the agenda of each meeting of an item which allows members of the public to address the Council. A copy of the proposed amended Standing Orders is attached at Annex one to the report, with the proposed changes highlighted in red.
  5. Date of next meeting13 August 2015

See Agendas and Minutes

Have your say at the Annual Parish Meeting…..

Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 21st 7:00 pm

The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall, villagers are invited to attend as observers only and will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 8:00pm.

The AGM agenda is :

1) Apologies
2) Declaration of Interests
3) Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
4) Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
5) Allocation of responsibilities
a. Finance and general purposes b. Highways and footpaths c. Proposed children’s play area d. Planning e. Cricket club liaison f. School liaison g. Michael Hardinge Trust liaison h. Ironstone and scout camp liaison i. Communications, notice board and neighbourhood watch j. Any other roles?
6)  Dates for Future meetings – 13 August 2015,  12 November 2015,  11 February 2016,  14 April 2016,  19 May 2016.
7)  Minutes of the meetings held on 16 April and 29 April 2015 (attached)
8)  Matters Arising
9)  Audit
a. To approve the Annual Accounting and Annual Governance Statements for 2014/2015, prior to their submission for both internal and external audit.  Copies of the proposed Statements are attached at annex 1 to this report.  Under the new Transparency Code the Council is required to publish copies of these Statements on the website, and in addition, details of expenditure and a bank reconciliation.  The document prepared for this purpose is attached at Annex 2 to this report. b. To approve a risk assessment and an asset register which have been prepared for audit purposes, and copies of which are attached at annex 3 to this report.
10)  Planning 
To consider and agree the Council’s response to application number 15/00673/OUT at Horley Mill Garage, Wroxton Lane, Horley.  A copy of the application will be presented at the meeting. Members wishing to inspect the application in advance of the meeting may do so, either by contacting the Clerk, or online at www.publicaccess.cherwell.gov.uk/onlineapplications .
11)  Speedwatch Exercise
As previously discussed, a speedwatch exercise was carried out on 24 April 2015 between approximately 8.00am and 9.00am. The equipment was provided by the Police Community Support Officer, PCSO Bailey, who was assisted by Cllr Hamer and the Clerk.  Not all the equipment provided by the Police functioned correctly, but a radar device was available which allowed the speed of vehicles to be checked.  The check was carried out in Hornton Lane in the vicinity of the Church Lane junction, and 40 to 50 vehicles passed while the exercise was taking place.  Only one was recorded as speeding (35 mph) although several others were observed to slow down when they saw the check taking place and before it was possible to record their speed.  As this was not an official speed trap, the motorist recorded as speeding will receive a warning letter only from the Police Authority.
12)  Kerbing works in Wroxton Lane 
Members will be aware that the Council has placed an order with Titchmarsh Construction to undertake some kerbing works in Wroxton Lane.  Very recently Titchmarsh Construction have contacted the Council advising that they have been unable to obtain authority from Oxfordshire County Council to carry out the proposed works on the highway.  It appears that OCC have indicated that they consider the work should be carried out by their term contractor who previously had provided a somewhat higher quotation for the work.  It is not clear what has caused this apparent change of heart by OCC, as they recommended the Council to contact Titchmarsh Construction some time ago.  The Clerk is pursuing the matter with OCC and will update Members at the meeting.
13)  Date of next meeting
To be agreed at item 6 above.
14)  Any other urgent business   

For further details of the accounts, governance, risks assessment and assets see the full agenda  HPC AGM 15 05 21 agenda

…to be followed at 8:00pm by the Annual Parish Meeting

This is an open meeting  that allows villagers to ask questions  or raise new  topics.

The agenda is:

1. Introduction of Parish Councillors

2. Chairman’s report

a. Proposed kerbing works

b. Proposed play area

c. Proposed defibrillator

d. Speeding through the village

e. Reports from other village organisations

f . Questions from the public

3. Any other business