Are you concerned about the impact on our village of the closure of the B4100?
There will be a special Parish Council meeting at 7.30 on Thursday July 14th in the Old School to consider the closure of the Warwick Road for 8 weeks starting on 10 August.
This meeting is open to the public.
- Declaration of Interests
- Recently the Council has become aware of plans to close the B4100 Warwick Road for a period of 8 weeks from 10 August to 6 October, to facilitate the building of a new sewer. The closure will be in the vicinity of Dukes Meadow, and will mean that traffic from Horley into Banbury will be required to find an alternative route. The Parish Council has not been consulted on these proposals, and has had no opportunity to comment.Oxfordshire County Council has been invited to provide an officer to attend the meeting to provide further details, to explain the reasons for the road closure, and the measures which will be put in place to minimise the impact on Horley.
- Date of next meeting: 25 August 2016
See 16 07 14 agenda
There will be a special Parish Council meeting on Thursday July 2nd in the cricket pavilion at 7.15 in order to appoint a new member. This meeting is open to the public.
- Declaration of Interests
- Appointment of a new Member of the Council To co-opt a member of the public to fill the vacancy on the Council, following the resignation of Councillor Beck. Two members of the public have expressed an interest in joining the Council, being Jennifer Cross of Rivendell and Beverley Williams of Midhill. Both candidates have been invited to attend the meeting and the Chairman has agreed to invite them to address the meeting to introduce themselves to Members who may not know them. The decision on who should be co-opted onto the Council will then be decided by a secret ballot.
- Amendment to the Council’s Standing Order To consider a proposed amendment to the Council’s Standing Orders, to provide for the inclusion on the agenda of each meeting of an item which allows members of the public to address the Council. A copy of the proposed amended Standing Orders is attached at Annex one to the report, with the proposed changes highlighted in red.
- Date of next meeting13 August 2015
See Agendas and Minutes
There is a vacancy for a new councillor to join Horley Parish Council. Would you like to represent our village and continue to help make Horley a great place to live? To find out more about being a Parish Councillor, please contact: David Marriott (clerk) by either calling 730726 or emailing email@example.com or call Simon Attfield (chair) on 738898. See Parish Council Noticeboard for more information