We will start our evening at the Red Lion pub, where each couple will be told who in Horley will be hosting them (and two other couples) for their first course. Off we go…!
Once we have a first course and a drink or two under our belts, our first hosts send each pair to different hosts, for their main course. And then the same again, for pud. So, during the evening we each eat, drink and laugh with about 20 people – old friends and new – before regrouping in the pub.
This isn’t just for couples. Singles come too, and together we have a great evening. The cost? A bottle of wine and twenty pounds per person. It’s a bargain – and the money we raise helps to fund our village church.
If you would like to come please email: Glenys_Stacey@hotmail.com or else ring: 01295 738951
Then come along to the Horley Yoga Group which meets at 6.30pm on Wednesday evenings at the Old School.
It is £6 per session and mats are available to borrow. 5000 years of yoga devotees can’t be wrong!
For more information see here or call Julie on 01295 738898.
This is your opportunity to let your Parish councillors know what you think at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday May 16th at 7.30 at the Old School.
This meeting (which follows on from the AGM at 7.00, see below), is intended to provide an opportunity to let you all know what is going on.
There will be reports from the Council and other local groups and organisations, like the Cricket Club and Michael Hardinge Trust. If anyone would like to have a specific topic added to the agenda, please email the Parish Clerk, David Marriott on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an open meeting at which you are invited to raise any issues of concern. It’s your opportunity to tell the Parish Council what you think they could do for the village.
The agenda is:
- Introduction of Parish Councillors
- Michael Hardinge Trust Annual Report
- Cricket Club – David Beck to report
- Parochial Church Council – David Kyle to report
- Ladies Guild
- Parish Council – Chairman of the Parish Council to report
- Assets of Community Value (see here for more information)
- Any other business – Any questions or issues raised by members of the public
See the full agenda here 19 05 16 annual parish meeting agenda
Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 16th 7:00 pm
The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall. This meeting is also open to the public, but villagers will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm (see above).
The AGM agenda is :
- Declaration of Interests
- Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
- Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
- Allocation of responsibilities
- Dates for Future meetings
- Minutes of the meeting held on 18th April 2019
- Matters Arising
- Annual Audit
- Date of next meeting
- Any other urgent business
See the full agenda here 19 05 16 AGM agenda