Category Archives: Posts by Parish Council

Have your say at the Annual Parish Meeting this Thursday…

Let you Parish councillors know what you think at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday May 18th at 7.30

The parish council will be there to give an update on their priorities. They have arranged for updates from the cricket club,  who will presenting details of progress on their new pavilion scheme, Michael Hardinge Trust, PCC and the Ladies Guild.

This is an open meeting at which you are invited to raise any issues of concern. It’s your opportunity to tell the Parish Council what you think they could do for the village.

The agenda is:

  1. Introduction of Parish Councillors
  2. Michael Hardinge Trust Annual Report – Mike Patching to report
  3. Cricket Club – David Beck to report on the club’s activities, and progress on the new pavilion scheme.
  4. Parochial Church Council – David Kyle to report
  5. Ladies Guild – Alison Tite to report
  6. Parish Council – Chairman of the Parish Council to report
  7. Any other business – Any questions or issues raised by members of the public

Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 18th 7:00 pm

The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall, villagers are invited to attend as observers only and will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm (see above).

The AGM agenda is :

1) Apologies
2) Declaration of Interests
3) Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
4) Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
5) Allocation of responsibilities
a. Finance and general purposes b. Highways and footpaths c. Proposed children’s play area d. Planning e. Cricket club liaison f. School liaison g. Michael Hardinge Trust liaison h. Ironstone and scout camp liaison i. Communications and  Notice Board j. Any other roles?
6)  Dates for Future meetings – 3rd  August 2017,  16th  November 2017,  15th  February 2018,  12th  April 2018,  17th May 2018.
7)  Minutes of the meetings held on 13 April  2017 (see 17 04 13 minutes 13 April)
8)  Matters Arising
9)  Cricket Club
10)  Date of next meeting
To be agreed at item 6 above.
11)  Any other urgent business   

See the full agenda here 17 05 18 AGM agenda

Have your say at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday 18th

Let you Parish councillors know what you think at the Annual Parish Meeting on Thursday May 18th at 7.30

The parish council will be there to give an update on their priorities. They have arranged for updates from the cricket club,  who will presenting details of progress on their new pavilion scheme, Michael Hardinge Trust, PCC and the Ladies Guild.

This is an open meeting at which you are invited to raise any issues of concern. It’s your opportunity to tell the Parish Council what you think they could do for the village.

The agenda is:

  1. Introduction of Parish Councillors
  2. Michael Hardinge Trust Annual Report – Mike Patching to report
  3. Cricket Club – David Beck to report on the club’s activities, and progress on the new pavilion scheme.
  4. Parochial Church Council – David Kyle to report
  5. Ladies Guild – Alison Tite to report
  6. Parish Council – Chairman of the Parish Council to report
  7. Any other business – Any questions or issues raised by members of the public

Annual General Meeting – Thursday May 18th 7:00 pm

The Parish Council AGM will start at 7:00pm in the Old School Hall, villagers are invited to attend as observers only and will get the opportunity to ask questions later at the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm (see above).

The AGM agenda is :

1) Apologies
2) Declaration of Interests
3) Nomination and election of the Chairman for the year
4) Nomination and election of the Vice-Chairman for the year
5) Allocation of responsibilities
a. Finance and general purposes b. Highways and footpaths c. Proposed children’s play area d. Planning e. Cricket club liaison f. School liaison g. Michael Hardinge Trust liaison h. Ironstone and scout camp liaison i. Communications and  Notice Board j. Any other roles?
6)  Dates for Future meetings – 3rd  August 2017,  16th  November 2017,  15th  February 2018,  12th  April 2018,  17th May 2018.
7)  Minutes of the meetings held on 13 April  2017 (see 17 04 13 minutes 13 April)
8)  Matters Arising
9)  Cricket Club
10)  Date of next meeting
To be agreed at item 6 above.
11)  Any other urgent business   

See the full agenda here 17 05 18 AGM agenda

Next Parish Council Meeting – Thursday April 13th

The next Parish Council Meeting will take place at 7.30 on Thursday April 13th in the Old School Room. The meeting is open to the public, and if anyone wishes to address the Council on any of the items on the agenda, please notify David Marriott on  0787 2930030 or horleyparishclerk@btinternet.com before the meeting. Whilst there is no absolute right to do this, the Chairman has the authority to permit it if he chooses to do so.

The Agenda Items include:

  • Apologies
  • Declaration of Interests
  • Minutes of the meeting held on 16th February 2017
  • Matters arising
  • Finance
    • 2016/17 budget monitoring report
    • Annual Audit
  • Land adjoining the Old Council Houses, Wroxton Lane
  • Planning Report
  • Mains Gas Supply
  • Reports from external organisations
  • Date of next meetings :
    •  Annual General Meeting :Thursday 18th May 2017 at 7.00
    • Annual Parish Meeting :   Thursday 18th May 2017 at 7.30
  • Any other urgent business 

For full details of items and reports see 17 04 13 agenda

The Future of Local Government in North Oxfordshire

 

 

Those who take an interest in such matters will be aware that Oxfordshire County Council have submitted a proposal to the Secretary of State for Communities, seeking the abolition of all district councils in Oxfordshire, along with the county council, and their replacement with a single, unitary council which would be responsible for delivering all local government services.  Currently, the county deliver most of the more expensive services such as social services including adult care, highways and education, whilst the districts deliver more local services such as planning, housing, waste collection, street cleaning and recreation.

The county council claim that this could enable savings of up to £20m per annum to be made, mostly through efficiencies from the reduction in administrative and democratic functions.  There is no doubt that the county council are in considerable financial difficulties, with increasing demand for adult care, and decreasing grant coming from government.  On the other hand, Cherwell District Council have just announced for the 8th year running that they are not increasing their share of the council tax, having cut their costs significantly through efficiencies such as shared working with South Northants, and have not had to cut any of their services.

Cherwell are seeking support in their bid to persuade the Secretary of State not to agree to Oxfordshire’s proposal, and have launched a petition, which they have asked the parish council to share with you.  Further details are available via this link.

Thanks

David Marriott, Horley Parish Clerk

Come and help the Annual Village Litter Pick this Saturday…

litter-pick-2017
Help keep our village litter free by joining the annual spring clean!

The annual village litter pick will take place on the morning of Saturday 11 March.  With a good turnout the exercise should take no more than one hour to complete.

Would volunteers please gather in front of the Red Lion at 10.00am on the 11th.  Protective gloves, picking equipment and sacks will be provided by Cherwell District Council.

Let’s keep Horley looking beautiful!

 

Annual Village Litter Pick is on Saturday March 11th…

litter-pick-2017
Help keep our village litter free by joining the annual spring clean!

The annual village litter pick will take place on the morning of Saturday 11 March.  With a good turnout the exercise should take no more than one hour to complete.

Would volunteers please gather in front of the Red Lion at 10.00am on the 11th.  Protective gloves, picking equipment and sacks will be provided by Cherwell District Council.

Let’s keep Horley looking beautiful!

 

Next Parish Council Meeting – Thursday Feb 16th

The next Parish Council Meeting will take place at 7.30 on Thursday February 16th in the Old School Room. The meeting is open to the public, and if anyone wishes to address the Council on any of the items on the agenda, please notify David Marriott on  0787 2930030 or horleyparishclerk@btinternet.com before the meeting. Whilst there is no absolute right to do this, the Chairman has the authority to permit it if he chooses to do so.

The Agenda Items include:

  • Apologies
  • Declaration of Interests
  • Minutes of the meeting held on November 17th November 2016
  • Matters arising
  • Cricket Club
  • Finance – 2016/17 budget monitoring report
  • Land adjoining the Old Council Houses, Wroxton Lane
  • Planning Report
  • First World War Memorials Programme
  • Public Footpaths
  • Reports from external organisations
  • Date of next meeting – Thursday 13th April 2017
  • Any other urgent business 

For full details of items and reports see 17-02-16-agenda