This year’s Horley Cricket Club Gala Fund Raising Dinner will take place on Saturday October 12th at Hadsham Farm at 7.30.
Tickets are £60 per head for canapés and 3 course dinner. There will also be an auction, raffle, bar and dancing to a live band.
Contact Judith Beck for tickets on 07816 134708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 13th. For more details see below or contact Judith as above.
Tessa and Chris Howell invite you to this year’s Ironstone Festival on Friday and Saturday September 13th and 14th at St. Etheldreda’s church Horley.
Ticket prices are:
Adults: Friday evening £20; Saturday evening £25; Saturday lunchtime Coffee Concert £12.
Festival Pass: £50.00 for all three concerts. Under 18’s & full time students £10 each concert.
Horley residents £5.00 off all prices. Horley Children: Free.
Festival mass proposed at 11am on Sunday 15th September with celebrant Reverend John Smith and Mozart Mass in C K220. All welcome.
See posters below for more information and visit http://www.ironstonechambermusic.com
A date for your diaries..
If you enjoy knitting or sewing then why not come along to Horley’s sociable ‘knit and stitch’ group.
‘Knit & Stitch’ starts again on Thursday 12th September at 7pm in the Old School Room and continues every 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. All crafts including Knitting, Crochet, Tapestry, Embroidery etc. are welcome.
Any questions, please contact Sue Patching on 01295 730039.
A message of thanks to Horley Villagers from Jane and Jonathan Williams:
‘We would like to thank the village for their wonderful contribution to our daughter Harriet’s wedding to Harry.
Thank you to:
- Everyone who helped to prepare the church and the churchyard.
- Those that gave drinks, biscuits, conversation, encouragement and compliments to Juliet as she arranged the flowers in the church.
- The Michel Hardinge Trust for the loan of tables, chairs, tea urns etc.
- The Taylors for straw bales for around the fire-pits
- The Duck in Lane Close for dressing up for the event
- Roger for loaning us his field so that everyone could park
- To the Red Lion for watering some of our guests
- Alison and John for their storage facilities
- All those who offered us additional parking
- Those who offered beds for guests
- Charles and David who played the organ and piano in church
- Those villagers that came and watched and gave reassurance and support as we came to and left the church
- The bellringers
- John Reader for his support before and during the service.
- All of those that didn’t complain about the music (indeed we know some of you joined with the dancing from the comfort of your own homes) or the traffic jams in the road in the early hours as our guests left our amazing village.
And of course anyone else who we have forgotten.
We are truly grateful to be part of such a wonderful community.’
Jane and Jonathan Williams
Fussy eaters? …Easy pet food donations on your doorstep…
‘Hi, do you have a cache of animal food that you bought for your beloved furry friend(s) – cats, dogs or other creatures – only to find they turned up their nose or it didn’t suit their delicate digestive system?
Two generous Hornton families encountered this situation this very week and both have very kindly donated the surplus food (still well in date) to BARKS (Banbury Animal Rescue & Kindness Service). I’m a volunteer with BARKS and will very happily collect any other surplus pet food from Horley or Hornton homes and deliver it to our rescue centres and fosterers on your behalf. Or you can drop it off at our place, if your prefer.
Give me a call on 670795 or email on email@example.com. And thank you in anticipation from all the dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits and other small furries at BARKS. We save and re-home around 350 of them every year and all our work relies on volunteers, donations and funds raised.’
Chris Woodcock (Mrs)
Charity Day Sunday 4th August
This Sunday we are raising money for Katherine House Hospice and Mind. The match will start at 1pm with the Bbq proceeds, half the players match fee and remaining funds from a cash lottery raising funds for both charities.
Please join us for a lovely family day. The bar will be open as normal.