Don’t forget, the Warwick Road will be closed from Monday the 12th at the new Hanwell Chase development, to allow the ongoing sewerage works to be completed. The closure is expected to last for about 12 days.”
Note from Simon Atfield, Chairman of the Parish Council:
“I have been having various conversations with Thames water regarding the leak outside April Cottage. They initially said it was being fixed last Friday but have now said they are coming to have another look tomorrow (Monday) and will then schedule in the work which should be quite quick.”
Fingers Crossed then!
Friday 9th September 7.30 pm in St. Etheldreda’s
Music by Dvorak, Kodaly and Mozart
Saturday 10th September 12.30 pm in HANWELL CHURCH
Sonatas and Duets by Bach & a new work
Sandwich lunch at Moon & Sixpence following concert (please book ahead)
Saturday 10th September 7.30 pm in St Etheldreda’s
Music by Haydn, Mendelssohn and a new work
Post-concert Supper after evening concerts (book ahead please)
Sunday 11th September at 11.00 am
Mass by Mozart in St Etheldreda’s
All are welcome.
Tickets from 01295 738313
See full detail here http://www.ironstonechambermusic.com
Join us this weekend for family fun!! Sunday – 1 pm start, 12:15 meet: We are hosting an inter-fun cricket day! Everyone welcome to play, please let Mark or Rosie know if you would like to play on 01295 253263 Bank Holiday Monday – from 12pm: There will be lots of family friendly games set up around the ground and the BBQ will be going..so bring your blankets, picnics, chairs and enjoy a sunny afternoon! Look forward to seeing you there!
The next Parish Council Meeting will take place at 7.30 on Thursday August 25th in the Old School Room. The meeting is open to the public, and if anyone wishes to address the Council on any of the items on the agenda, please notify David Marriott on 07872930030 or firstname.lastname@example.org before the meeting. Whilst here is no absolute right to do this, the Chairman has the authority to permit it if he chooses to do so.
The Agenda Items include:
- Declaration of Interests
- Minutes of the meeting held on 19th May and 14th July 2016
- Matters arising
- Finance – 2016/17 budget monitoring report
- B4100 road closure
- Land adjoining the Old Council Houses, Wroxton Lane
- Verge Maintenance
- Planning Report
- Reports from external organisations
- Date of next meeting – Thursday 17th November 2016 – 7.30 pm.
- Any other urgent business
For full details of items and reports see 16 08 25 agenda
Hands Around Our Hornton
Our Local MP Victoria Prentice is helping to organise this local event in order to save our local hospital. Show your support by joining this event on Sunday.
For letter from Victoria Prentice see Prentice letter
For further details see Notice and Map on the Parish Council Notice Board.
Currently the Alkerton site is due to close in 2017. Oxfordshire County Council propose to extend the life of Alkerton until 22/23, and meanwhile to seek to identify and develop an alternative site to replace both Alkerton and Ardley in 22/23.
For further information on the strategy document and consultation process (which is running from 14th July to August 11th) see the Parish Council Noticeboard page.
Are you concerned about the impact on our village of the closure of the B4100?
There will be a special Parish Council meeting at 7.30 on Thursday July 14th in the Old School to consider the closure of the Warwick Road for 8 weeks starting on 10 August.
This meeting is open to the public.
- Declaration of Interests
- Recently the Council has become aware of plans to close the B4100 Warwick Road for a period of 8 weeks from 10 August to 6 October, to facilitate the building of a new sewer. The closure will be in the vicinity of Dukes Meadow, and will mean that traffic from Horley into Banbury will be required to find an alternative route. The Parish Council has not been consulted on these proposals, and has had no opportunity to comment.Oxfordshire County Council has been invited to provide an officer to attend the meeting to provide further details, to explain the reasons for the road closure, and the measures which will be put in place to minimise the impact on Horley.
- Date of next meeting: 25 August 2016
See 16 07 14 agenda