Track and Trace Scam – Be Aware
Warning From the ‘Oxfordshire All In’ Coronavirus Support Team
Oxfordshire All In reports a new scam that tries to convince people that they have been in contact with someone who has been tested positive, pretending to be NHS Track and Trace. They then either ask for money to send them a test, or try to get hold of their personal details.
Real contact tracers will:
- Call you from 0300 013 5000
- Send you text messages from ‘NHS’
- Ask you to sign into the NHS test and trace contact-tracing website
Real contact tracers will never:
- Ask you to dial a premium rate number (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
- Ask you to make any form of payment or purchase a product or any kind
- Ask for any details about your bank account
- Ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
We still believe that no-one in the village is suffering from Covid 19. Please do let us know if your personal situation changes, and remember, our volunteers are here to help those in need and self isolating. Here are the contact details for the group:
email: email@example.com, or call 01295 738334 or 07872 930030.
Stay safe, alert and, as ever, keep washing your hands!