1. it’s staged in our atmospheric medieval church
2. the script is reduced to the core essence of the story
3. the choreography brings it beautifully to life
4. it is set to Mendelssohn’s incidental music
5. of the live piano accompaniment
It has been re-imagined by Tessa Howell, who has recreated, produced and directed this (her last) Horley Footlights production. Tessa has excelled herself by making Mr Shakespeare accessible and yet keeping the magical qualities of the story. The cast from the village (except for one young male lover) consists of some seasoned old hands, some new faces and fresh young ones taking centre stage.
Come and see how Horley Footlights resolve the vagaries of both human and fairy behaviour in this best-loved Shakespeare play. Don’t delay as tickets are selling fast! To book yours call Jenny Reynolds on 01295 738125 or email her at email@example.com.
All performances in St Etheldreda’s Church, Horley on:
- Friday evening 25th September at 7:00 pm,
- Saturday matinée 26th September at 2:00pm
- Sunday matinée 27th September at 2:00pm
£6 Adults, £3 School Children age 7 and over
“If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended: That you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear; And this weak and idle theme, no more yielding than a dream.”